Learn all about how Gamefroot works by exploring the Knowledge Base documentation below. Still stuck? Ask for help!
What is Gamefroot?
- What can I use Gamefroot for?
- Do I need to download anything for Gamefroot?
- Is Gamefroot free? Is there a paid upgrade?
- How is Gamefroot different from other game creators?
- Can I make games for my phone or tablet?
- Who makes Gamefroot?
Getting started with Gamefroot
- Creating your Gamefroot account
- Changing your Account Picture/Avatar
- Getting used to the Gamefroot interface
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
Building your level
- What do the tools in the toolbar do?
- What are game objects, and how do I place them?
- Using the terrain layer/the tile map layer
- Using terrain brushes
- How do I delete objects from my level?
- How do I move objects around?
- Using layers to organize and move objects in front or behind each other
- How can I see the rest of my level?
- Adding and deleting levels
- Changing a level’s World Size
- Changing your Game’s Resolution
- How do I change the level’s background colour?
- Do I need to save my game?
- How do I open my other games?
Easily build a platform game with Gamefroot Classic
- Easily make a platform game with the Gamefroot Classic Template
- Using the Gamefroot Classic Pack to make your own platform games
Using the prefab objects (scripted game objects) in the Classic Pack:
- Using a player character
- Using non-player characters (NPCs)
- Using teleporters
- Using weapons and bullets
- Using switches and moving tiles
- Using liquid tiles, instant death, and damage objects
- Using keys and doors
- Using HUD objects
- Using checkpoints
- Using endpoints
- Using storypoints
- Using collectables
- Using backgrounds
- Using the Menu objects
Programming with the Script Editor
- A quick introduction to Scripts
- How to use Scripts to program game objects
- Using Variables to speed up your programming
- Using Instance Properties to customize the behavior of game objects
- Understanding x and y: Movement and space relative to the level and game objects
Programming Tutorials: Getting Started
- Hello, world! Displaying text
- Move it! Physics movement and the constantly event loop
- Picking Up Objects using Collision detection
- Get over here! Setting an object’s position
- Score! Using variables
- Multiple choice: Questions and decisions with if-statements
- How to make controls for a top-down player (RPG style)
More useful scripting tutorials
- Playing your game on a phone or tablet
- Remotely trigger other scripted game objects with messages
- Use a time delay block to animate a game object
- Scripting a background image to follow the camera
- Make your own menu screen
- Pow! Shooting projectiles (missiles, bullets, lasers)
- Making on-screen game controls for touchscreen (Playing your game on a phone or tablet)
- Detecting overlapping: No collisions and no physics required!
- Power-ups! How to make speed boosts, extra lives, temporary invincibility and MORE!
- Using the mouse to control objects
Using sound and music
Getting more assets: asset packs and the marketplace
- Getting asset packs from the marketplace
- Create a new asset pack for uploading assets
- Adding and removing assets in your game
Adding your own images and animations
- Using the Character Creator to make platform characters
- How to draw your own game objects
- Animate and upload your own character
- Create your own background image