Gamefroot is very pleased to announce our successful application for NZ On Air funding to integrate game making capabilities into the upcoming TVNZ children’s site.
The TVNZ children’s site will become home to awesome kiwi made content including animated web series, games, competitions and, thanks to Gamefroot, a brand new space for kids to make their own video-games.
Kids will be able to watch their favorite content online and then through integration with Gamefroot, make their own video-games based on that content.
It’s no secret that today’s kids love playing video-games. This development will help support kiwi kids transition from game consumers to game makers where they will get to hone their skills in game design, coding and storytelling.
We are excited to be part of the TVNZ family and can’t wait to get started on the development! I’ll keep you posted.
Gamefroot has made learning your pepeha even more awesome! Based on your feedback, you now get to edit the underlying code for each section of pepeha.
These changes reveal the underlying code and thus the magic of gamefroot, giving you a more authentic digital technologies experience.
We are happy to announce the following improvements available right now!
- Code View! Edit the blocks and gently familiarise yourself with visual coding – no prior coding knowledge is necessary, we promise!
- Optional coding challenge – if you’re feeling confident we’ve added a section on coding your own collision detection algorithm (step 10).
- A default “game thumbnail” has been added for published games.
So please give it a whirl and let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
Thanks for using Gamefroot. Every update to Gamefroot includes improvements for speed and reliability. We’re pleased to highlight these new features:
– You can now right click to remove assets
– New Play Sound scripts have been added to the script area
– We’ve made a number of Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer browser compatibility improvements
For those that like to experiment, we’ve added two new beta features: a new learning resources sidebar, and a Mobile Games sidebar for testing games on your Android device. Enjoy!
Gamefroot Update Announcement!
This update brings numerous improvements to Scripts and Gamefroot User Interface. Bug fixes and the new transparent editor are just the peak of the iceberg.